Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby Mobile


      I'm still working on getting the girl's room situated and ready for the new baby. I needed a mobile for the crib, but wanted to find something simple and colorful. I couldn't put my finger on what I wanted, until the idea of painted craft hoops popped into my head.  The circles go perfectly with the polka dots on the bedding, and the simple wood hoops fit my idea of the clean, airy look I want in their room.


     You can find these at craft stores, thrift stores or garage sales very inexpensively. I simply painted them to match the colors in the room.


     I crisscrossed the two pieces one inside of the other and then dabbed a bit of hot glue to hold them in place.


    I used fishing line to hang them...Super fast, super easy, and very cute.


     I think I'll add one or two hoops more as I come across them. I'm pretty satisfied with it for now though.

Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Love this. I love low-tech baby gear so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously such a good idea! So cute! We found your blog through a linky party and are your newest followers! We would love for you to follow us, too! We have an awesome giveaway going on right now. Come check us out!

    www.sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been thinking of what kind of mobile to do for my baby boys room and this may be just the thing! This is seriously darling! thanks for sharing this awesome tutorial! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and simple idea. I love it! Thanks for linking to the party this week.

    ReplyDelete