Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rufflebum Onesies


      There is just something fun about making things for baby girls. Sewing adult stuff is rewarding, but sewing baby stuff is just fun. Recently, my sister generously gave me several bags of hand-me-downs to use for my girls. Among them was this stack of plan white onesies. Now, me and my itchy little fingers just can't leave things alone, so I decided to dress them up a bit.


      First thing I did was use some stencils and paint the fronts.


     They all turned out good except the lady bug. It doesn't look too bad in this picture, but up close its pretty awful. I decided not to mess with that one further and reserve it for a day when said baby is spitting profusely or something.  Next I cut some strips of jersey and added three rows of ruffles to the bums.


      I also added bows to the front of two of them.


     I wasn't too particular about the ruffles matching the color on the front. I think they look brighter and cuter that way.


     I can't wait to see her little diaper bum all dressed up in ruffles!


Linking to:

11 comments:

  1. I saw you on Creative Bloggers Party. I'm your newest public follower. These are just adorable. I am so impressed with all the talent I found in this party. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! I am so with you on baby cloths being fun to make!! I am so going to have to make some of these for my baby girl. That way she will still be dressed up. But cool in just a onesie when it is so hot! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so sweet! I definitely want to make some of these for my sister's baby. Love what you did!

    Please, PLEASE, come share these and any other kid links you would like to my For the Kids Link Party! Love to have you join the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I love that you used jersey for the ruffles! Yah for no hem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog url from eating in winnipeg to http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/ hope to have you come over there and follow me there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute! I really like your blog and thanks for leaving a sweet comment on mine :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet. What a great shower gift. :)

    Have a great week!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calling from creative bloggers party. Your idea is super cute! Just loved your blog and now following you! Hope you will follow me back:)
    Have a great weekend!

    Sanghamitra.
    RAINBOW-The Colours of India

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!!! Thanks for linking with Air Your Laundry Friday! ~Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sign-Up to EverydayFamily now and you will receive stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and coupon alerts as well as a wide range of free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines & much more.

    All New Members are Entered to Win Free Diapers for a Entire Year!

    ReplyDelete