Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mirror Fix-Up

     The other day, while perusing through a local thrift store, I discovered this mirror.


      While I'm not exactly obsessed with fake gold frames, I did love the detail on the frame. I knew it could be quite pretty with a little bit of love and kindness. I taped off the mirror part.


     Next, I gave it a nice clean coat of white spray paint.


      After that was dry, I gave it my very favorite treatment for pieces like this....glaze. Mmmm! I just love how glaze makes details POP! It gives things such a lovely vintage look too.


      This mirror had quite a bit of age spots on the mirror itself. Not very lovely to a lot of people, but I like it. It lends to the antique feel I tried to give the paint job.


      I hung it on my stairway wall. The idea of hanging it here being, to have a gallery wall eventually.


       I've had my eye out for interesting frames, mirrors, signs and such that I might want to collect on this wall. I'm very particular that they have some "interest" about them though. I think this mirror does, and it is a good start.


      I'm a little miffed that the air conditioning vent has to be on my gallery wall of interesting things. Humph. I suppose I'll just have to imagine its not there, and be thankful I have air conditioning to start with!


      I'm sure I'll have fun finding things to fill up the rest of the space. I trek up and down those stairs fifty million times a day as the kiddos' room is at the top...I'll certainly enjoy having something other than a blank wall to stare at when I get it all done!

"I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me." Psalm 13:6

Linking to:
Goodbye City Hello Suburbs
Fabric Bows and More
My Girlish Whims

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! :) hanks for stopping by my blog! :) Count me as your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous! what a find!! Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm your newest follower!

    I just wanted to say I love this mirror!

    I would love to see you share it on my new link party "Sundae Shake Up". I hope to see you there!

    Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor

    thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

    P.S. I am having my first giveaway, right now! The winner will receive a 16x20 Custom Family Tree. You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautiful! Well done! I appreciate you stopping by HomeSavvyAtoZ.com today to check out my Taco Bake recipe. I am happy to have found you and am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks elegant on the staircase! Thanks for stopping by and sharing this with WorkShop Wednesday. Hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love what you did with the wall! Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete