Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas at my house

      I went super simple on the Christmas decorating this year. I didn't do anything very "wow", but just for fun, I thought I'd give you a peek around my place. My mantle is my funnest thing to play with. I love changing it up for the seasons. This year, I stuck to mostly white, and a natural theme.


      I used some grape vine stuff that I had laying around to make my "trees" and spray painted them. They are a bit wonky and Charlie Brownish, but I like them. The stars were some Americana ones that I didn't use anymore and spray painted. The deer are my Pottery Barn knockoffs that I showed you here.


     I stuck some tea lights in jam jars filled with my choice of "snow"...Epsom salt. I added a few jingle bells just for shine. I read somewhere that you should put something that reflects light into every display...not sure how good that advise is, but I usually stick to it. It looks pretty when they are lit.


       The star I made out of sticks last year. I really like all the texture here, even though it is rather simplistic.


       Here's a wonky shot of my stairs. There are lights in the garland, and its so lovely at night. You can find the tutorial for the stockings here.


     I already showed you my "gift wrapped" pillows.


      I tucked a bit of greenery here and there. That greenery actually came from my wedding bouquet. We got married in December so I used Christmas decorations for the wedding. I use that greenery every year, and it makes me happy.


     This deer also was from our wedding decorations.


      I always put a manger scene under my tree to remind the little people, and us big ones, what Christmas is all about.


     Spray painted pine cones are always an easy decoration.


     The table just has a simple candle holder on it. The ornaments were also from our wedding, we used them for the guest favors.

  
     And that's it...for now anyway. I need to finish my tree, and I want to do my kitchen cabinets. Are you all finished decking the halls at your place? Christmas will be here and gone before we know it!

Psalms 35:9 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it all! It looks so classy. Our only mantle is in our bedroom, so I typically don't bother changing it, since nobody's going to see it anyway. But maybe I should, because I still see it. =)

    I can't believe we only have 2 weeks left! EEK!!

    Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've started to follow your blog :) however mine it's focused on fashion, I'm a craft lover and when I have free time, I like to do crafty works :)
    I'll be glad if you would be my follower too :)
    kisses from Italy :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and festive! Love the mantel! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Food for Thought on Real Estate Investment Decision

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, I would like to bookmark the page so I can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. reformas zaragoza

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Altaona Golf & Country Village

    ReplyDelete