Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year!

      I don't suppose you have noticed it is almost the end of the year? I must be aging, because time seems to go faster and faster. What a gift time is. I don't fully appreciate that gift like I should. I am ending the year on a rather somber note. A very lovely lady went home to Heaven on Christmas Day, and we are traveling to attend her memorial service. She left behind three young boys, and a loving husband. That seems like an awfully bad mistake for a loving God to make...or does it? Death, pain, and disease were brought into the world because of man's choice, not God's. (Genesis 1-3) God's love is what offers us hope from all these awful things. (Romans 5:8) We have the choice, accept Him, or reject Him. Our friend is in Heaven today, because she chose to accept Him, and that is what comforts those left behind. Our lives are one DIY project that we will never ever be able to fix up ourselves. I would be a very bad blogger indeed if I told you how to refinish a chair or sew a shirt, but never shared what can change your heart forever. Inviting Jesus Christ into your life is a choice you will never regret. Life is a gift, but it isn't guaranteed.
Thank you for "hanging out" with me this whole last year! I've had such fun with this blog, and can't wait for all the new projects ahead. I hope you and your families have a wonderful and happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Time is such a precious gift. I hope you are having a wonderful start to 2012! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Safe travels and I wish you a Happy New Year, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the loss of your friend, but amen to the rest of your message!! I hope your new year is extremely blessed!!

    Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete