Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Favorites - Organization

      Since moving into my itsy bitsy little house a year and a half ago, I have learned what a invaluable thing good organization really is. A lot of things can fit in a small space if you use a bit a creativity.
Here are some tips I always keep in mind. Make everything do double duty.  If you use up space with a piece of furniture, make sure you are getting every last bit of use out of it you can. Can you put something under it? In it? How about behind it? This is a great example of this.

Pinned Image
 
      Wall space, use it for decoration and for storage in one pop!

whole entry (7)

       Hang things, any where and everywhere you can.  I have hooks on the backs of all my doors for things that just have no other place to go. Isn't this scarf organization system so great?!

Pinned Image

      I did a bit of my own organizing in my work room. I need order to work well, and things were getting a bit out of hand with my supplies. I cleared up my ribbon problem with this simple solution. Two candle holder and a plant bracket from the thrift store, and two metal rods from the hardware store.


      I hung it above the door, because that happened to be the only space available. That's another thing about organization, always look up...vertical space can be used too!


      I was able to fit two rods on it, and the plant bracket supports it from sagging in the middle. It also makes a handy hook for when I need to hang up a garment to work on it.


       This freed up my dowel rod system for holding my trims and ribbon that I use more frequently.


       Ugh hum, this isn't actually all of it either...I have a tote holding all the trims that aren't on rolls. I know, I know, I'm a bit of a Diva when it comes to supplies. When I want to make something, I want to have the stuff to do it and seven different colors to choose from to boot! Bad, bad habit! You should see my fabric stash!...or not...
     Happy Easter weekend! I think I'll have to show Easter dresses post Easter, as I am not quite finished (or started as the case may be). Don't forget in all the egg hunting, chocolate overdosing, and pretty dressing to remember why we are celebrating Easter at all!....We have something to celebrate because Jesus died for us, rose again for us, and LIVES so that we can live too!

Mark 16:6 And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I am compleatly crazy about scarves. The shower curtin hoops are an awesome idea. So making one today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am compleatly crazy about scarves. The shower curtin hoops are an awesome idea. So making one today ;)

    ReplyDelete