Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Fluffy Fall Wreath




      It would seem most of my belongings will most likely be in moving boxes fairly soon. Not much fun for the Fall decor department at all! (...But very good news for the future of the mister's employment!) I thought I would throw together something simple, just so I wouldn't have to skip the Fall feeling in my house completely.


     This was a super low budget project...$1 for a pool noodle. Whoever the lady was that dreamed up this brilliant idea is forever my best friend.


       It also got rid of a fair amount of scrap ticking fabric I had laying about. I cut a multitude of strips like so.


      I ruffled most of them...and shamelessly cheated by using the ruffling foot for my machine. Fabulous little piece I'd highly recommend investing in!


      Using generous amounts of hot glue, I wrapped the pool noodle with strips of fabric like so.


      Next I glued on the ruffled strips. When one piece ended, I just kept going with a new one. I didn't take the time to sew them all together, and it worked out very well indeed.


       Oh, yes, I didn't finish the edges of the strips either...shabby is cozy. (...or lazy is easy, whichever way you want to look at it...)


       It's rather bodacious for a wreath, but I rather like it. What say you?

 Matthew 7:7   Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 

7 comments:

  1. Abby, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm going to steal a pool noodle (or a woggle as he calls them) from my dads swimming school and make one immediately. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling!!!! Thanks for sharing........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wreath... I hopped over here from Freckled Laundry to see how you did it. The noodle idea is brilliant! Also, I like the unfinished edge, keeps all the ruffle from being fussy. Very nice, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love the ticking.

    Have a great week!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo pretty! One of these days I'm going to use my sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So ruffly & beautiful, Abby! Love the idea of using a pool noodle. I'm so glad I have crafty blogger friends that come up with stuff like that. Thanks for sharing! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoah this blog is great i love reading your articles. Keep up the great work! You know, many people are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly. best deals melbourne


    ReplyDelete