Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pencil Skirt Variations - Sweater and Ruffles


       A little bit ago, I showed you how to make these lace pencil skirts. (see tutorial here for sale here.)


     I loved mine so much, I decided a few more were in order just for my own personal use. This time I tried it with some sparkly (mmmm...sparkles make me happy) striped sweater type fabric...


    ...and some ruffled fabric. (I see I need to trim off that top little bit of ruffle...didn't notice it until after snapping pictures.)


      I wanted to show you these two, because if lace isn't your thing, there is still plenty of options for this skirt! These two fabrics were much stretchier than the lace was, so they are more "straight" than "pencil". It's ok, but if I did it again I would cut them a bit more narrow below the hip.


      These will be fun to wear through the winter with boots. I made a top out of the sweater fabric, so I can do a sweater dress look if I want. The more options the better, right?!


      Hope you have a tremendously fabulous Labor Day!

Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them thatlove God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 

5 comments:

  1. These are great! Thanks! They would be so perfect to wear with boots - I'll have to make some this fall. :) (Came over from the Sunday Showcase Party - yay linky parties!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these skirts but especially the sweater one. That looks like it would be perfect to wear for the upcoming fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute I have some grey and black material I am going to make a striped skirt with for the fall. I want to see the sweater too. :) Sorry I missed you today! Lets skype soon. Miss yall bunches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirts. They are really beautiful. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/simple-anti-aging-moisturizer-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete